740customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZANESVILLE AND SURROUNDING AREA ONLINE CAR COMMUNITY

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread

Go down 
+5
redlineperformance
EK9fast
JDMpwrdhatchy
andizzle
alittlelessordinary
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
alittlelessordinary

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 7:44 pm

3/15/10: Good news came today!! After a few emails back and forth with Mike from quad-pod.com about a couple of his products, I landed a sponsorship deal. Can't really disclose the terms of this agreement, but needless to say I am a very happy man!! I will be proudly rocking 1 of his Clock pods and 1 of his Dual gauge cluster pods. I am going with the carbon fiber face on the clock pod just to help break the tan up a tad bit.

Be sure to check him out, they make cluster pods for DC and EK's. They come with your choice of 1-4 Gauge pods built in. Its a direct bolt in with no modification needed. Also for the clock pods they come in Black and Tan!!

www.quad-pod.com

Here is some pictures of the products I will be getting from quad-pod (the clock pod shown does not have carbon fiber facia)

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 Quadpod2

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 Qudpod

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 Quadpod3
Back to top Go down
alittlelessordinary

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 7:45 pm

3/16/10: This afternoon I was bored and felt like wrenching on the teg. I started by removing the worn out stock torque mounts. By worn out I mean trashed torque mounts lol.

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 101_0080

Next I took out the ABS components. Heres a couple pictures to show you what bolts you need to remove in order to get it out:

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 101_0075

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 101_0073

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 101_0079

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 101_0078

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 101_0077
Back to top Go down
alittlelessordinary

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 2:41 pm

3/19/10: Whie I was doing a little side job today, the kickass gf of mine headed to Slowmotion to pick up my clutch for me.

Competition Stage 5 4pad Unsprung w/Extreme Pressure Plate:

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 Clutch

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 Clutch2
Back to top Go down
alittlelessordinary

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 7:25 pm

3/21/10: Bone Strikes!! The Unicorn (mythical beast that is often heard of but rarely seen) as I just started calling him aka Mista Bone came up today to tear my trans apart and prepare it for build. I was told that the trans had a bad 3rd gear, the original owner of the trans failed to mention 1st, 2nd and 4th being bad as well. We also came to the conclusion that this trans had been torn apart before due to the ammount of red sealant gunk that was found upon opening.

So now I will have to get ahold of Synchrotech and see how much this is going to cost me..hopefully its not very painful being ass raped!!

Anyways lets get to some pics since everyone loves pictures lol

All the guts torn out of trans:
Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 101_0143

The inside of the case gutted:
Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 101_0144

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 101_0145

All the junk parts (1-4th gears, sliders and hubs):
Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 101_0142
Back to top Go down
LowFuk

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:34 am

I got a few questions.

What do you plan on runnin when this is done?
Roughly what do you think you will have invested in this build when its done (what you actually payed not what the parts actually cost) cause I know you got some deals along the way?
Also will this see the track this summer?
Back to top Go down
alittlelessordinary

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 2:22 pm

LowFuk wrote:
I got a few questions.

What do you plan on runnin when this is done? Prob 15's lol, I got a goal in mind but don't wanna spout off at the mouth til I run that time

Roughly what do you think you will have invested in this build when its done (what you actually payed not what the parts actually cost) cause I know you got some deals along the way? I got 9500 in receipts lol with another 7-8k to go roughly

Also will this see the track this summer? Yes both on all motor and boost

^^ answers in bold

Last edited by alittlelessordinary on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alittlelessordinary

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 2:22 pm

3/22/10: Got a phone call from David @ Davids Powdercoating to let me know that some of my parts were done. Went down there and picked up my Fuel Rail, Rear Trans Bracket and Lower Alt Bracket. My mounts were done but he wasn't happy with the quality so he is going to do them agani for me (I thought they looked good personally).

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 101_0146

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 101_0147

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 101_0148

After that went to Autozone and picked up a 14mm Hex Head to take the oem block fittings out. Came home and took those out.

Heres how ya do it for those that don't know, its pretty easy, just gotta use some muscle to get the stock fittings out.

14mm Hex head and ratchet:
Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 101_0150

Put the headhead fitting inside the stock block fitting and then loosen it (this is where the muscle part comes in):
Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 101_0151

This is what the block should look like once the stock fitting is out:
Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 101_0152

Then simply install the Speed-Theory block fitting:
Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 101_0153

This is what it looks like with both installed:
Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 101_0156

I also installed my new MFactory magnetic oil drain plug. Let me tell you this sucker is strong as hell lol, so strong that it took me a min or 2 to actually get it to go in the hole and screw into place.

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 101_0149
Back to top Go down
alittlelessordinary

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 2:31 pm

3/23/10: After shipping some parts out I headed to Honda. Once there I went ahead and placed an order for some random things that I need. I got the following:

Lower Alt Bracket Bolts
Bolts that hold transmission and block together
Clutch Fork
Clutch Fork Spring and Bolt
Back to top Go down
LowFuk

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 2:45 pm

Well I sure hope for that much money that it does better than 15sec... I know a lot of the things you are doing are also to make it look good to and those things aren't cheap either. Is this going to be a car that you keep or are you going to be selling it at some point? It all looks great so far. Im excited to see the engine and trans come together and go into the car. What are your exhaust plans?
Back to top Go down
alittlelessordinary

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 3:20 pm

Haha yeah it'll go faster then 15s. I am honestly shooting for 10.50's but that is a little ways away. I hate having to cage the car but it'll have to be done, but again thats a little ways away. I am going to keep this car, the fiance will kick my ass and cut my balls off if I get rid of it lol.

The powder coating really isn't that expensive, but then again he hooks me up since I bring him all kinds of work lol. The brake line and wire tuck are basically free outside of some brake lines, same with shaving the bay, just gotta pay for paint supplies.

Ill have a couple more updates coming this week hopefully
Back to top Go down
LowFuk

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 8:30 pm

I like your build. I have always want to build a honda/acura but I can't afford to. There is also a lot your doing that I don't know anything about. Like the plugs on the side, what are those for? Anyway keep the pics coming cause its truce, people do love pics haha
Back to top Go down
alittlelessordinary

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 8:17 pm

The plugs on back of block and valve cover are for my Oil Catch Can setup

3/24/10: Parts came in today that I had ordered yesterday from Honda. After picking those up me and the wife headed to Jegs to pick up some gauges and fittings for the back of my head. After getting home I realized that my dumbass bought the wrong size fittings so I'll be going back to Jegs tomorrow to exchange it.

Alt Bracket Bolts, Shift Fork, Shift Fork Dust Boot,Shift Fork Spring/Bolt, Transmission to Engine Bolts:

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 101_0161

Autometer Mechanical Oil Pressure Gauge, Jegs (Carbon Fiber) Liquid Filled Fuel Pressure Gauge, Plug Fitting

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 101_0160

Some might be wondering what the plug fittings are for, well my head came off a LS/Vtec so they had the oil line running to back of the head externally. Since I put it back on a GSR block I now have to plug that fitting since I am not going to run an external line.

Also came home and installed my lower alt bracket. I noticed that 1 of the bolts from Honda is gold, wtf?! Lol oh well

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 101_0162
Back to top Go down
alittlelessordinary

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 5:33 pm

3/26/10: Had a little extra cash from seling a few parts so figured I would buy something for myself. Called up JHPUSA and ordered a Vision CF Spark Plug Cover. Should offset all the gold thats going on in the engine bay as well as match my AN fittings and Hose (its all gonna be black), plus it'll match the CF Feul Pressure Gauge. The day didn't stop there, me and the gf ventured back up to Jegs to return the fittings that were the wrong size, picked up the correct size (3/8ths).
Back to top Go down
alittlelessordinary

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 3:49 pm

3/27/10: Well today proved to be a little more expensive then I had planned lol. Thats alright atleast I got 1 of the last major things off my list in order to get the car up and running. We'll get to that in a min, let me catch you up with a couple things I forgot to mention and a couple other things that were bought today.

I was cleaning out the basement the last couple days and came across some random parts that I had forgotten about. Amongst them was a weighted shift knob, not sure what brand this thing is but I like how it feels in my hand. Also in the randomness that is my basement, there was an Autometer black faced boost/vaccum gauge.

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 101_0167

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 101_0166

Once I became fully functionable me and the wife headed off to run some errands, while we was out I decided a trip to auto part store was needed. Picked up a set of NGK plugs and ordered some NGK plug wires (they come in tomorrow).

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 101_0177

Why stop there right? I figured I might as well take out 1 big item off my list...Fuel System parts!!! Ventured back to jegs (they have to be tired of seeing my handsome ass lol), picked up all the AN fittings, AN wrenches and SS line needed to do my fuel system. Me being picky I went with all black fittings and line, should help break up the Green/Gold, plus it will match my catch can setup that I plan to order in the upcoming week or 2. If you have never bought AN fittings or SS line, let me prewarn you...this shit is expensive!!

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 101_0176
Back to top Go down
alittlelessordinary

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 8:51 am

3/28/10: I actually got this stuff late last night but didn't feel like posting up. I traded my buddy a 2040 proportioning valve off a crx for a 4040 he had laying around. Now I should be able to get the brake tuck done in the upcoming week.

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 101_0179

Also a buddy of mine had a GSR gear set laying around that he didnt have a use for. Since mine was junk 1st-4th gear I needed parts to replace them, he gave this to me for free (Thanks Sam!!)

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 101_0178
Back to top Go down
LowFuk

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 9:02 am

Good deal man. That takes care of your tranny issue. That could have been expensive.
Back to top Go down
alittlelessordinary

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 9:27 am

Yeah it basically saved me 4-500 bucks.
Back to top Go down
alittlelessordinary

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 6:57 pm

3/28/10: My spark plug wires came in today so went and picked those up. Also took the header that was gonna go in my gf's crx build and put it on my motor. I will be using it for my break in period and until I can afford boost parts. Thew my dizzy and spark plug wires on for mock-up and to seal the motor up completely to avoid anything from falling inside it.

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 101_0182

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 101_0183

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 101_0184

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 101_0185
Back to top Go down
LowFuk

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 5:25 pm

anything else going on with this build?
Back to top Go down
alittlelessordinary

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 9:37 pm

Yeah sorry havent updated this thread. No one post on here lol, but if you wanna see updates here ya go: http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2723558
Back to top Go down
redlineperformance

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 EmptySat May 15, 2010 11:32 am

its looking good man. cant wait to see it move.lol hows the women been doing with her car ?
Back to top Go down
LowFuk

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:17 am

Hay man, Can your powder coat guy do chrome? We had a powder coat place here that did chrome and if so can you get me a price or get me his number? I have 5 15" rims I would like done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
740customs :: MEDIA :: PROJECTS-
Jump to: