740customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZANESVILLE AND SURROUNDING AREA ONLINE CAR COMMUNITY

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread

Go down 
+5
redlineperformance
EK9fast
JDMpwrdhatchy
andizzle
alittlelessordinary
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
POUND

POUND

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 12:20 am

when you start actually working on the car let me know man
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohionissans.com
redlineperformance

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 9:39 am

oh snap's. lol looks good though.
Back to top Go down
alittlelessordinary

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 7:19 pm

2/8/10: While I was at work today, I had the gf who was playing hooky from work take my stock flywheel to the machine shop to be resurfaced. It will be done tomorrow, but I prob wont be able to pick it up til later in the week due to work schedule.

2/9/10: One thing is for sure, traction is going to be an issues with this thing! So I took a step in the right direction to help solve those issues, called up MFactory and picked up one of their Helical LSD's. Mista Bone is supposed to come up this Sunday and tear my trans apart. After we get it all torn apart the internals are going up north to be Cryo Treated. The casing will be going out to my powder coater to be sand blasted and sprayed silver. Next up on the "to buy" list is Carbon Synchros from gear-speed and some bearings/seals and the trans will be done!!
Back to top Go down
alittlelessordinary

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 8:16 pm

2/11/10: Happy early valentines day to me!! Courtesy of the gf ARP flywheel bolts are ordered from Jegs. Just 1 more small thing taken off my "to buy" list. Future father in law is picking my flywheel up from machine shop for me tomorrow due to my work schedule, also hopefully parts at the powder coater and done and hopefully my lsd arrives. Could be a big day tomorrow
Back to top Go down
alittlelessordinary

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 8:30 pm

2/12/10: Well today wasn't as big of day as I was hoping for, but.....i did get a couple things today! My ARP flywheel bolts and flywheel came in today. The flywheel turned out really well

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 100_2360
Back to top Go down
redlineperformance

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 7:02 am

lookin good man. when do you think it will all be done and runnin
Back to top Go down
alittlelessordinary

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 7:07 am

Hoping to have it in the car and running by mid/end of April. Work has picked up so money is a little easier to come by at the moment, so I am buying all I can...while I can haha. I am hoping to finish up my tucked engine harness today and get the trans tore apart tomorrow. Then I will be shipping parts up north to be Cryo treated on Monday. According to UPS my LSD will be here Monday as well. I picked up a motor to sell s cao I can make a few extra bucks and buy my carbon coated synchros and all bearings/seals needed to finish my trans.

Next month I am hoping to buy my catch can and clutch. Then I am seriously down to little stupid stuff like shaving/tucking the engine bay and putting it in paint. Gotta buy brake line so I can get rid of ABS. I am ready to drive the damn thing I know that
Back to top Go down
alittlelessordinary

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 10:43 am

2/15/10: The man in brown suit arrives!! What has he brought me this time? Why its just my MFactory LSD!!!! The best part of this purchase by far has to be the sweet ass stickers they sent lol. Only thing I can complain about right now is they didn't send me a T-shirt like we had discussed, guess they will be getting a call from me haha.

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 100_2361

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 100_2362

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 100_2363

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 100_2364
Back to top Go down
redlineperformance

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 12:08 pm

nice shiny go faster part. cheers
Back to top Go down
andizzle

andizzle

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 2:24 pm

this is gonna be a beast come summer
Back to top Go down
alittlelessordinary

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 9:44 pm

2/17/10: Some parts came back from the powder coater today. Everything looks good except my fuel rail, its just too light compared to my valve cover. So it will be taken back tomorrow to be fixed. Other then that its all good. I had the following things done this time:

Upper Alternator Bracket
(2) Transmission Braces
(2) Transmission Brackets

Pics:
Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 101_0003

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 101_0007

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 101_0006

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 101_0008
Back to top Go down
alittlelessordinary

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 7:04 pm

2/22/10: Trying to widdle the list of "things to buy" down a bit, I started to order a few of the smaller things on my list. First I called up Speed Theory for one of their block fitting kits. I got it in black, but they do offer them in anodized purple. If you haven't seen these kits I highly reccomend you check them out here: http://www.hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?p=41659779#post41659779. They should be here by Thursday!!

Next I placed an order with SummitRacing for a set of ARP pressure plate bolts. I love everything ARP has to offer and don't think there is a better quality bolt on the market. I chose summit because they are local to me and should be here in a day or so.

Heres a picture of what the block fittings look like:

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 Speedtheory

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 Speedtheory2

Felt like spending some more money lol. So I picked up a set of remote battery terminals from jegs. I am going to be putting my battery in the trunk, but don't want to have to pop it everytime the car needs a jump or battery charged. Still haven't decided just where I am going to mount these, but I got some time to figure that one out.
Back to top Go down
alittlelessordinary

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 2:36 pm

2/23/10: The order for ARP Pressure Plate Bolts placed with Summit yesterday arrived today.

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 101_0028

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 101_0029
Back to top Go down
redlineperformance

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 7:01 am

all i can say is must be nice.
Back to top Go down
alittlelessordinary

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 9:16 am

Haha!! idk if its nice or nuts, I am so balls deep in money with this thing that I am just now laughing about spending it
Back to top Go down
alittlelessordinary

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 3:31 pm

2/24/10: Package from Jegs arrives. Nothing major, just the remote battery terminals I had ordered 2 days ago.

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 101_0031

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 101_0032
Back to top Go down
alittlelessordinary

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 4:49 pm

2/25/10: The block fittings that i ordered from Speed Theory arrived today. The quality seems to be very good and the logo on the freeze plug is pretty cool lol.

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 101_0033

Last edited by alittlelessordinary on Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alittlelessordinary

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 6:24 pm

3/1/10: Gotta start the month of right lol, tonight I placed my order with Gearspeed aka Synchrotech Inc. What did I order you might ask, well let me tell you what I got:

1-5 synchros 1st/2nd brass 3/4/5 Carbon coated
1-5 synchro springs
Counter shaft bearing clip
Top and bottom bearings for both shafts
Dust Boot
Seals

http://shop.synchrotech-transmissions.com/BSK-SYN101-Type-R-GSR-B16-Bearing-Seal-and-Carbon-Synchro-KIt-BSK-SYN101.htm
Back to top Go down
alittlelessordinary

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 1:31 pm

3/4/10:Synchrotech FTMFW!!! The order I placed a few days ago arrived today. Everything was packaged nicely and securely, and they even tossed in a T-Shirt lol. I highly recomend using this company!! Anyways heres the pics:

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 101_0040

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 101_0042

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 101_0044

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 101_0045

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 101_0046

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 101_0047

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 101_0043
Back to top Go down
alittlelessordinary

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:29 am

3/9/10: I arrived home from Georgia to parts. MFactory magnetic drain plugs and t-shirt had arrived while I was out of town. lts not a major thing, but its one less thing needed now

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 101_0048

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 101_0050

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 101_0052

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 101_0051

1 more update coming later today!!
Back to top Go down
alittlelessordinary

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 2:27 pm

3/11/10: I had the day off today and the weather here was absolutely perfect to work on cars, so thats what I did. I started by removing the fusebox from under the hood, stock fuel filter and evap canister from the engine bay as well. After that me and my dad installed the twin walbros. Let me tell you, those things are a whore to get in the stock tank. We had to remove each bracket, drop the arm and pump down in 1 at a time, move the hose around to get it from twisting the bracket. After some muscle, grunting and a few choice words that pumps are in. Also for those of you that plan to go with the full blown setup, twist the 2 red wires together and connect them to the yellow wire on stock harness, the 2 blacks twist together and connect to black wire on stock harness. Pretty simple but might save someone time down the road.

I plan on making a thread for wire tucking as well or atleast group everything together in this build thread once I start doing the whole tuck. But for now i'll show you some of the progress:

Here is the fuse box installed in the car from the get go. Start by removing the 3 screws that hold it into place. There is 2 in the front and 1 up on the firewall attatched to a mounting bracket:
Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 101_0058

After you get the box unbolted lift it up and flip it over. The box is actually 2 pieces and the wires simply de-teach at that point:
Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 101_0059

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 101_0060

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 101_0061

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 101_0064

After removing the harness pull the box out and thre ya have it. You are now ready to relocate it inside the car:
Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 101_0065

Like I said I also removed the Evap canister and stock fuel filter while I was under the hood:
Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 101_0066

Now for the fun part, the fuel pumps.
1.I started by removing the back seat, there is a 10mm bolt damn near in the middle between the top and bottom piece of the rear seat (helms manual does not show you how to remove lower half of seat fyi).
2.After removing the 10mm bolt, lift up on the bottom half of the seat, then slide the seat belt buckles down through their slots.
3. After doing that lift forward to get the clips that hold the seat in place to pry out.
4. Once you have done that remove the 3 phillip head screws that hold the cover over the stock pump.
5. Disconect the stock relay to the oem fuel pump and the remove the 6 10mm nuts that hold the pump into place.
6. Once you have done that take a 17mm wrench or socket and remove the stock fuel line and pliars to remove the other line.
7. With the lines disconnected pull up on the pump to remove it from the tank, it may take a little wiggling but it comes out pretty easily.:

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 101_0069

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 101_0067

Installing the Full Blown setup proved to be quite a task. The first thing you will notice is that there is no way in hell 2 Walbros are going to drop down in a stock tank assembled on this hanger. The solution to getting it to fit is to:

1. Remove the 2 allen head screws from both the left and right side brackets that the pumps are attatched to on the hanger.
2. Loosen the clamps that hold the rubber line from pump to hanger head (barbed nipple fittings on the head)
3. Rotate the clamps to allow more clearance
4. Retighten clamps
5. Drop 1 pump in at a time with it not connected to the hanger head
6. Once you have the first pump in there drop the 2nd one down next to it
7. Lower the hanger head down towards the brackets
8. One bracket at a time force the bracket onto the hanger head and reinstall the 2 allen head screws
9. Repeat step on on other side
10. With the 2 brackets installed on hanger drop it down and put the 6 10mm nuts on
11. Take the stock relay plug and cut it off
12. Strip the Yellow and Black wires
13. Take the 2 Red wires, twist them together and connect them to the Yellow wire, this is your power
14. Take the 2 Black wires and twist together then connect them to the Black wire, this is your ground
15. The pumps are in!!

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 101_0068
Back to top Go down
alittlelessordinary

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 2:11 pm

3/12/10: Another day off work meant another day of doing stuff to the Integra. It wasn't a whole lot, but every little bit helps in the end. I took my Innovative Mounts up to my dads friends shop and pressed the bushings out. After that I headed straight to the powder coater to drop them off so they can be color matched to my valve cover.

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 Mounts

After that I came home and put the most important and badass mod on the Integra. Yes folks the Baby On Board sign lol:

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 Babyonboard
Back to top Go down
alittlelessordinary

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 12:25 pm

3/12/10: I went and visted a friend today that I hadn't seen in a few weeks. While at his garage I started looking around to see what random parts he had haha. Laying on the floor was a manual rack, a little whealing and dealing later and I came home with it, he got 1 of my Aeromotive Fuel Filters in exchange. I was originally planning to just loop the power steering line and keep the power rack, but for what it cost me its well worth just putting the manual one in there instead.

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 101_0070
Back to top Go down
Silviasprung

Silviasprung

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 3:26 pm

and now its off to be powder coated lol
Back to top Go down
alittlelessordinary

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 7:50 pm

ROFLMAO!! You know it, it along with the subframe and front suspension are going to be the next batch of parts to head out to powder coating!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread   Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Alittlelessordinary's 4dr GSR Build Thread
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
740customs :: MEDIA :: PROJECTS-
Jump to: